- Keeps dressings dry
- Breathable upper with a black EVA insole
- Velcro straps allow for adjustability for a comfortable and secure fit
- Reduces plantar pressure by up to 30%1 and does not need to be customised to achieve results
- Will off-load pressure whilst allowing you to walk normally
- Can be wiped clean – do not machine wash or tumble dry
- Available in a variety of sizes to accommodate bulky dressings and bandages (refer to size guide)
- Will accommodate foot swelling
- Easy to put on and take off
- Will help to reduce the chance of patient falls
A recent audit of Primary Care Trusts in the UK2 demonstrated that the absence of properly designed medical footwear in the community results in 66% of patients wearing footwear which is inappropriate for their condition. This results in a significantly higher rate of foot ulcer recurrence, particularly in the diabetic community, as well as a significant increase in the number of falls.
Kerraped comes as a single shoe which can be worn on either foot.
1) Gliacalone, V F et al. A quantitative assessment of healing sandals and postoperative shoes in offloading the neuropathic diabetic foot.J of Foot & Ankle Surgery; 36 (1):28-30,1997.
2) King B et al “An Audit of Footwear for Patients with Leg Bandages” Nurs Times; 103(9): 40,42-3
Kerraped is available on prescription:
Should you require more specific product information or advice, call your Local Sales Representative or contact us here on 01565 654920 or email email@example.com
How and where to measure:
- Measure the widest part of the foot from A to B to calculate foot width
- Measure from A to B to calculate the dressing circumference at the widest part of the foot.
comments powered by Disqus